Friday, May 18, 2012

Happy Village

My mom was visiting me for the last week.  I got to have her for Mother's Day and that was really special.  

We went to our guild challenge presentation on Monday night.   The challenge was called a history lesson and I was on the committee.  It was a huge success.  Take a look, mine's in there!  http://www.flying-geese.org/SlideShows/may_challenge.pdf  This was a judged showed and really a great success.  I won best Title Sacajawea's iPhone, and got some excellent feedback from the judge.  My mom, Jane St.Pierre, had a quilt in the show as well, its 54-40 or fight!

So during the week, I had a bad cold and lots of work so I didn't get to spend a lot of time with mom, but last night after I said lets make something new!  She looked at me with one eyebrow raised and said O...K?
I pulled out my Happy Village book I picked up when Karen Eckmeier presented at our guild.  I have been wanting to make one and I thought it would be fun and quick.  Well I was right!

We did this in about 3 hours, which is great considering we were loopy and tired.  The pieces are temporary glued in and there is tule over the top.  Now I'll machine quilt it with monopoly.  In the future we will probably listen to the recommendation that you don't use prints, but adding a touch of black helped calm our crazy little village down.  Very fun, I'll definitely do it again.


Well I'm off to Las Vegas.  Today is our 10th Anniversary!  10 years is Tin so my Tin Lizzie is very fitting.  We are going to a gun range in Vegas so maybe there is some tin or aluminum in there somewhere, lol.  I'm a horrible wife, not really ;]

I hope you all get a chance to sew this weekend!

Love Aunti Nicole














4 comments:

  1. OMGoodness. This is a work of art. Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary, have a grand time! And I love this quilt, I may just have to have this book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wonderful quilts in the show! I loved the iPhone idea with all the facebook and other details :)) You have some talented quilters around you! Have fun in Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and Your Mom's quilt is gorgeous! I love the 54-40 or fight! pattern :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you