Friday, June 11, 2010

Quilt Shopping in Albuquerque


Nma
Originally uploaded by AuntiNicole
Ok, well maybe I was working earlier this week. Did a Plant 3D training Tuesday and Wednesday this week and extended my stay to visit my dear friend Gina in Rio Rancho, NM We have been friends since we worked together, over 18 years ago. Its great to see her and her wonderful kids, Jade and Pablo, and her mom Lucille, also enjoying a vacation.

So Gina found this great quilt store not far from here (I'm trying to give her the quilting bug, muhahaha!) as I am known to do ;] So anyway we went to Southwest Decoratives and I was so pleased to find so many unique fabrics with traditional and original south western culture. I could have brought my sewing machine and sleeping bag and camped out.

I bought a big stag, something like 43 fat quarters of original batiks and some original patterns as well. The people at the store were lots of fun and very helpful. If you find your self in Albuquerque, NM you have to stop in. www.swdecoratives.com

So now we are off to watch Jade at Gymnastics and Pablo at Basketball. Then its Karaoke tonite with the kids, party! Talk to you all soon.

Aunti Nic

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you