Saturday, June 4, 2011

Zentangle Classes



Hi All,

Just completed two class of Zentangle with Sharla Hicks at Soft Expressions.  She is a great teacher and truly an artist.  If you would like to get into it, Sharla will be doing the beginning class again.   http://www.softexpressions.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CQMEASE&Product_Code=001&Category_Code=

So why Zentangle when you have so many quilt project and work projects going on?  Basically its a form of meditation for me.  It allows me to focus on one thing, which I don't do very often.  It opens my creative synapses.   The pieces I have done so far are very small so you can complete them in a sitting. I just love how each design takes you somewhere new.

The class was two days with a week in between.  We had 7 very creative people in the class and it was fun seeing how different people have a naturally different interpretation of what was presented.

So here are the pieces I made during and after the class.  Remember these are only 3.5'










I have a Zentangle Flickr group if you would like to see the before and after samples.
http://www.flickr.com/groups/1604567@N20/

I think my next class needs to be a photography class ;] but all in time....



Hope you all get to sew this weekend!

Love
Aunti Nicole







2 comments:

  1. Ack...you keep tempting me with all these things Nicole! I just can not imagine drawing in this scale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so did you fall in love with this process or one class was enough? I am impressed with all you got done!

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you