Saturday, July 9, 2011

Block Wisperer

I am working on an applique project from a pattern by Pearl Pereira called Wildflowers.  A few years ago, my neighbor Betty and her two daughters invited me to attend a four day retreat in Temecula with Pearl.  Pearl was so much fun and I learned a lot.  If you are not familiar with her work, she does applique using freezer paper and starch.  I love using this technique for smaller pieces.  Everything comes out so clean after prep that the applique part is a no brainer.  If you get a chance to take a class with her, I highly recommend it.  She also has some beautiful patterns to choose from.  http://www.p3designs.com/

I started this project at the retreat and complete a block or two every now and again.  There are 25 blocks and a beautiful border in the pattern.  I haven't decided if I'm doing all of them or if I will just finish as it.  I guess the blocks will tell me when they are ready......"nope not yet" they say.

Yeah, ok.. I know I'm talking to fabric.. but... we spend enough time together that we are old friends and I trust the fabric to give it to me straight.  Well most of the time anyways.  I'm sure you understand.

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend and you get a chance to quilt.

Love,
Aunti
Nicole


4 comments:

  1. Lovely Nicole. we used to go to Temecula often to play golf and hit the wineries ;-) but I'll bet its a wonderful spot for a retreat too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice grouping, but I know what you mean, it will tell you when it's right.
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aunti Nicole,
    What a nice bunch of appliqued flowers. Beautiful job! I love applique. Hi to your mom Jane, too. Does she remember me?

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you