Sunday, January 13, 2019

Homeward!


Some of you may have seen Natalie Barnes new fabric line called Homeward by Windham Fabrics.  In July 2018, she asked me if I would like to make a quilt for her "look book" to show the versatility of her fabrics.  

The pattern she selected was Double Struck Star by Krista Moser.  As the original pattern had 3 color ways, I came up with 3 within 

The pattern was pretty simple and went together in diagonal rows.  The pattern has you cut off the points, but i thought they added interest.  The fabrics have a really nice hand to them and I love working with them. Quilt size 53"x75"  

I did the quilting as well.  

So this is the page from the book but I would encourage you to check out the whole look book.  Its so fun to see how the fabrics lend themselves to so many traditional and modern quilts.


My mom, Jane St. Pierre, was also featured in this look book several times including the Upper left image check them all out at the link above....and that's mine on the bottom.


Her new line 



\

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you