Sunday, December 12, 2010

Kitty Proof Ornaments

Yesterday I took a drive over to Signal Hill to visit Rose Hughe's RavenSpeak Exhibit!  The exhibit was beautiful and inspiring and I can't wait to start using all the bead packs I picked up.  Ran into some friends and friends of friends there.
When I got home, I started my first attempt at making ornaments that my Willie can't destroy. I found this tutorial on Make Stuff http://www.make-stuff.com/projects/quiltball.html.  Of course I had to make up my own rules, but this tutorial helped me get the general idea. 
Here is the first one, smaller 2" ball - made 2 the same...ish.

Then there are a bigger 3" size and I made 2 red and 1 green so far.  I think the white makes them stand out more.  I think I will have to keep going!

So are they working?  Well...he does seem to think I am making them for him to play with but at least he can't break them when he takes off with them.  There is a point in the process where I have to put the ball down and fold the next piece and he would sneak up, grab it and run.  It was pretty funny the first 50 times.

We are off to the movies to see the new movie with "The Rock" fweet fweew!  (my best wolf wistle).  Pete is going because he is assured that stuff'll get blown up.

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend!
Aunti
Nicole

3 comments:

  1. I like it! You're right, the white ones POP! Do they lock too? Just kidding. The cream and red ones look very folksy/romantic though. I like them all!

    This year we got what Costco claims are "non shattering" bulbs. We'll see how they stand up to the beagle challenge. Ha!

    Great job, Nyc! Can't wait to see the whole tree.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ornaments are just so lovely! I love the white one especially!
    Micki

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you