Saturday, January 21, 2012

On the Road Again!

Off you Road to California!  I've heard great things so far.

Special exhibit by Susan Else Fabric Sculptor.  Mom was very impressed with this exhibit, it shows her quilting from back in the 90's when she was doing more traditional quilts with her outside of the box selection of fabrics and a little sumpin different.  All the way to the present where she is coming "off the wall" so to speak with her art and pushing the limits.  Can't wait to see it for myself!

Our friend Natalie's booth is right up front near the entrance Beyond the Reef with lots of bright shiny new fabrics to play with.  We're coming Natalie!

Mom (Jane St. Pierre) has a piece in this show.  She is one of the 8 in  "Sprague River Aspens" Part of the Klamath Basin Vistas Exhibit hanging right near the front entrance.  I'll put in the picture lata!

So we have a new friend coming along with us.  I was teaching and AutoCAD Electrical class and explaining how I design my quilts to one of my students.  He said what quilt guild to you belong to and I said Flying Geese. He smiled and he told me that his wife was a new member in the guild about a year.  So the next guild meeting I made it a point of looking for her.  So I'm asking everyone do you know Debbie and she turns around, she's right in front of me.  I'm Debbie ;]    So we're bring our new friend with us today.  I am looking forward to getting to know her.  Guilds are a wonderful thing.

So I'll take lots of pictures and have lots share hopefully.

Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

  1. We probably passed in the aisle! Wish I would have read this before I left, I will have to see your Mom's quilt on your blog! And Natalie's booth was wonderful as always, I didn't leave empty handed that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you