Saturday, April 28, 2012

From Girl and Dog to Moose and Squirrel



Big news!  Last week my niece Marisa  obtained her AKC Master Handler certification thru the AKC Junior Handler program at just 12 years of age. I understand she is the youngest person to accomplish this level of certification.  


Way to go Marisa and Dolly!
Photo by Lee St. Pierre, go Dad!


Read more...
http://www.pepperjackkennels.com/



So last week I was on a business trip in Newcastle, CA.    I stopped into Runs with Scissors quilt shop in Roseville, CA http://www.runswithscissorsquiltshop.com/ cool shop and very nice people.  I always try to pick up something I  don't have or have not seen before.


Here is what I found...

This panel reminded me of my friend Sandra Usher who has made two little black dress quilts.

Oh and remember these guys?  I grew up watching Rocky and Bullwinkle.  I had no idea what they were talking about until I watch the shows as an adult.  Very deep stuff, for a moose and squirrel.  So I picked up this 5 fat quarter pack.  Not sure what will become of it, possibly a bag for me!
I just finished quilting a gift for a friend.  I'm putting on the binding today so hopefully will post it tomorrow!

Thank you for stopping by!  I hope you get to sew this weekend.

Love Aunti Nic

3 comments:

  1. I am headed off to sew this afternoon! Finishing a quilt for my granddaughter Ilika. At least I hope to finish! Have a great weekend and congrats to our niece, maybe she can come and handle Spike!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the title of this blog post! Made me laugh. I used to watch Rocky and Bullwinkle with you and your sister when you guys were little. I loved the show, and used to look forward to each episode. I think you two were indifferent at that young age, now you know why.

    The Linus sew day in KFalls was fun, as always. I got my quilt top finished so I may sandwich it on Monday and get it quilted on my Sweet 16. Will send you a picture when it's done.

    Abby and I are headed downstairs to get in a few more stitches before dad gets home from races.
    xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS, The little black dress panel remiinds me of Natasha, you could combine those easily (ha ha)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you