Saturday, August 14, 2010

A bit Sheepish

A few months ago I joined a new friendship group.  The group is called "Wool Gatherer's" and I would say rightly named on all accounts. 

wool·gath·er·ing  –noun

1. indulgence in idle fancies and in daydreaming; absentmindedness.
2. gathering of the tufts of wool shed by sheep and caught on bushes.

The group is a great group of women from the Orange County area. All are extremely experienced quilters. Our common goal is to have a support group while we emmerse ourselves into the art of woolgathering. Each week I hear of new tools and materials to use in quilting with wool. I am so engrossed in our meetings that I forget to take pictures to post for you or write down the tips that I hear, but I promise I'll try harder ;P and share what I learn here.




So this is my first piece 28"x20", pattern by Lake View Primitives called "Love in the Spring."  My nieces helped me pick out the bead for the sheeps and birds eyes.  It really didn't take too long once I shut and started sewing.  I mounted it to a thick piece of fusible that I had wrapped in Kona black.  

 My 2nd project is almost done and I'll post it as soon as its done. 

Have a great weekend.
Aunti
Nicole


1 comment:

I would love to hear from you