Monday, September 6, 2010

Betty's Baskets

My neighbor Betty Preston just finished this beautiful quilt and brought it over for me too see.  She and her two daughters have a special retreat every year.  The daughters fly in and they rent a beach house and work on a similar project.   Last year, prior to the retreat, they picked a similar theme.  They did a block exchange throughout the year and put the quilts together at the retreat.  Each had different arrangements that they did with the similar theme and blocks.  So here is Betty's.

This quilt was hand appliqued, hand embroidered and hand quilted.  It is just gorgeous, so I had to share it with you all.
This is one of Betty's blocks that she designed and the border arrangement to match.  Sew creative!

I looooove the way she finished the outer border.  I am so proud to have a friend like her.


Thanks Betty for sharing!

Love
Aunti

2 comments:

I would love to hear from you