Saturday, September 4, 2010

Fruitcake in September!

Not normally a fan of Fruitcake, but this Moda Fruitcake is pretty yummy...fat-free too!  I bought 2 charm packs and some border fabric from the same line. 

20 unique blocks, each with 16 half-square triangles. 


















Quick and Easy HST (Half-Square Triangles)
Place two contrasting 5" charm squares right sides together.  Draw a line diagonally down the center both ways.  Sew 1/4" seams on either side of both lines.  Cut in 4, then cut each in half.  Press  to the dark side.  You will have 8 half-square triangles.


Happy Labor Day weekend! 3 days of sewing! Whooo Hoo. Throw in a salmon barbeque in Chino and some R&R with my Pete and my Willie.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Love,
Aunti


3 comments:

  1. I love that trick for making eight HST's at a time!! And your quilt is lovely...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are a fast woman! I love it, you are so great at scrappy. I want to be like you when I grow up!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you