Sunday, March 27, 2011

It never rains in Southern California!

But it pours, Man it pours!  I love a rainy day when my husband and I are posted up in our house on the hill.  He is in the other room gaming (DC Universe) and I am in my sewing room finishing up some little projects I have due soon.  I'm back to work full-time so I really only get my weekends to come into my sewing room.

My Wool Gatherer's friendship group is making an auction quilt for our Flying Geese Quilt Guild's Bi Annual Quilt Show in Oct.  I'll post more details about the show as we come closer to it.  Mark Your Calendar for a visit to Orange County, California the first weekend in October.

My contribution to the quilt is a single block. I have been struggling with the wool projects I have been doing.  Most of what I have done has been really primitive and unfinished looking.  

I have come to the conclusion that the fun is in the embellishments. I have had a ball making these leaves and flowers 3d.....




.....and my little spider buddy.  Proof that baby anythings are cute.  


I'll share pictures of this quilt as it develops.  Can't wait to see what everyone brings to our meeting on March 30th.  

Have a great week,  hope you all get to sew!

Love Aunti Nicole

4 comments:

I would love to hear from you