Sunday, May 22, 2011

Inspiration is Everywhere


Hi All,
Summer is nuts with work and sewing...and vacations!  There is stuff going on everywhere I look.  

May 18th,  my husband and I celebrated our 9th wedding anniversary.  We went to Downtown Disney and ate at the Jazz Kitchen...ahh yum!  It was a wonderful date night.  Thank you honey for nine peaceful years.  Love You Baabee!


Woolies - Tomorrow my wool friendship group is meeting at my house.  Since our last little project we did as a group, I have been in the think tank on the wool projects.  I really enjoyed that embellishing and 3D type work with wool and want to pursue that more.  Here are some photos from this months Sunset Magazine, that have inspired me to make up something of my own.  So here is where I start!



My first guitar lesson in a couple of year is Weds night.  My husband's anniversary gift.  I know some of you may be thinking.  Wow another thing?  Well yeah, but I need something that is not work or sewing.  I have been singing and playing music for fun since high school, but have gotten away from it for a while.  So co-workers have recommended a great teacher and I'm looking forward to it.  Time to cut the nails and build up the callouses.  Sounds lovely when you put it that way.

Am I sewing? oh heck yeah!  I am working on a new pattern and can't wait to show you all the variations I did before picking a cover sample.  Here is one that I just love, but it is not the final design so I can share.  But it is going to be someone's high school graduation gift.  

Saturday May 28th - Celtic Knot wall hanging - If anyone wants to attend there are a couple more seats available.  Class is at 10:30-4pm at the Orange Quilt Bee in Orange, California.  Here is a link to their site.  http://www.orangequiltbee.com/module/class.htm?classId=7681




Hope you all have a wonderful week.
Love
Aunti,
Nicole

5 comments:

  1. Hi, Nicole! I love your new blog look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! It like my house, little paw prints on everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy anniversary!! ...and beautiful quilt! that is one lucky graduate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful new layout and logo! Very soft and pleasing to the eye. And, Happy Anniversary, Sister! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful photograph! I love the new look of your blog, and all the work you are doing. Good job!

    Eileen

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you